Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Off Topic - Anyone used LiveCode?

Posted by Yogi Yang 
Yogi Yang
Off Topic - Anyone used LiveCode?
March 18, 2017 06:41AM
Hello,

Today I received a promotional email from LiveCode CEO - Kevin Miller.

The tool LiveCode looks interesting but before I invest more time on it I would like to know if anyone in this community has tried their hands on this and would like to share their experience here.

For those who don't know much about LiveCode: [livecode.com]

After reading the article on the above link I think it is a tool that, like WX reduces developers coding substantially and thus makes developers more productive.

If anyone has any first hand experience please share it....

TIA

Yogi Yang
Allard
Re: Off Topic - Anyone used LiveCode?
March 24, 2017 10:50AM
Hi Yogi,

I have tried it in the past . And It is kind of cool . But it is quite a lurning curve . Not that difficult but verry diffirent.

And You can buy stuff from third parties . This is not a need but gives you stuff you would need , in my opinion.

For the web in my opinion it is important to be able to use javascript / jquery / external frameworks to the full if needed. W language is great but we know it is not a 100% . But version 22 is able to import javascript and that will be key.

With serialize and deserialize we can get json and put json in a presentation layer. This way if needed we can use cool javascript frameworks for advanced controls like gant and kaban chart and use w language to manage backoffice code. and If things are "Simple "we can use the native webdev controls. Yeh that gives speed and control . I hope version 22 will soon be there !!

So for me it is webdev. And the power and ease of use of w-language

regards
Allard.
Allard
March 27, 2017 01:57PM
Hi ,

and update on live code.

It seems to be more powerful then I thought it was/. I heard some students had written all needed software for an electric car .The car was a project and 1 programmere did the programming of everything needed in the car in 8 months.
StefanK.
March 28, 2017 11:09PM
Just to be curiuos,

wat do the users of this forum think:
would it be possible to code the software of an electric car in WX?

Regards Stefan
(Tesla driver:-) )
Yogi Yang
March 29, 2017 05:49AM
Allard
Hi ,

and update on live code.

It seems to be more powerful then I thought it was/. I heard some students had written all needed software for an electric car .The car was a project and 1 programmere did the programming of everything needed in the car in 8 months.
That is amazing.
GuenterP
March 29, 2017 10:16AM
Hi Stefan, definitely YES!

At least in the same way LiveCode does i.e. by using drivers / DLLs to attach to sensors, switches and all hardware. Most probably even much better because Wx has quite a number of binary functions and a vast number of variable types.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.