Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HF file integrity and NULL values

Posted by Arie 
Arie
HF file integrity and NULL values
November 25, 2008 11:41AM
Hi,
according to the help (and to me, after a small test) the Hyperfile engine does not support NULL values (blank fields) when validating integrity.

How do you handle this situation?

Arie
Jimbo
Re: HF file integrity and NULL values
November 25, 2008 12:36PM
Hi, this is one remark I've sent to PC Soft long time ago. They indeed said 'thank you!' but did not change anything I could see.

- Duplicates: You have define such keys as 'with duplicates' and you have to do the checking for duplicate values yourself. This is a rather tiresome exercise, however, there's no way out. I'll have a look and publish some actual code, if needed. Not today, may take a week or so.

- Searching: Other databases - like Btrieve - do regard NULL values as non-existing records when browsing a datafile by a key which can contain NULLs, which speeds up database traversal a lot.

Kind regards,
Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.