Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ambrit Software

Posted by John Fligg 
John Fligg
Ambrit Software
February 19, 2013 01:11AM
Hi - my name is John Fligg and I am CEO of Ambrit Software.

We develop Equine software and at the moment have 4 products Barefoot Manager, Dentists Manager, Equine Vet Manager and our flagship Farriers Manager.

I come from a long computing background having worked for several private companies and the UK Government before becoming self employed. Also owning horses has helped me specialize in Equine software.

I have a co-owner of the company, Sandra Norman.

Although based in the UK I emigrated to Florida some time ago but returned to the UK having set up the US side of the business. I revisit on a regular basis where we attend trade shows and seminars. I have been invited in the past to speak at Equine shows about how business software can be applied to the Equine industry.

I have recently been using Clarion. After several years I have come to realize that the product is not really going anywhere and some colleagues and a trial of WinDev has persuaded me that this is the tool for the future.

My aim will be to rewrite my 4 applications which have become monsters so a good opportunity to learn from past mistakes. I have purchased all 3 WinDev products and am looking forward to some fruitful and interesting work and meeting a new community.
Al
Re: Ambrit Software
February 19, 2013 02:47AM
Hello John

Welcome to the forum and to Windev. You will find quite a few Clarions users here and I am sure they will be able to help you in the transition.

Windev is a unique programming language that performs best if you do things the "Windev way" so please don't wrestle with it and use it to emulate Clarions methods. If there is a simple straight forward way to accomplish something then Windev will invariably provide just that process. Your task will be to find it amongst the myriad commands and sparse and often arcane Frenglish documentation smiling smiley

Regards
Al
Geoff B
Re: Ambrit Software
February 22, 2013 12:14PM
Hey John,

I'm also in the process of "changing horses" and have just written a simple Android app with Windev and looking forward to future opportunities!

Best of luck, maybe we can swap notes as we learn!

Regards,

Geoff B
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.