Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tab Control

Posted by Mark 
Mark
Tab Control
July 23, 2008 11:57AM
Hi folks,

I have mocked up a window with 4 tabs on it & various controls. The window does not access any data at the moment it's just a cosmetic exercise, however I have noticed that when I switch from tab to tab I don't get a 'snappy' refresh of all the controls, there appears to be a lag when windev is drawing the controls is there anyway of improving this. I come from a Visual Foxpro background where you could lock the screen while the controls were painted then unlock the screen after which gave a nice transition.

Mark
Stefan Bentvelsen
Re: Tab Control
July 23, 2008 02:11PM
Hi Mark,

look at the property ..DisplayEnabled of the tab-control. I think, that is what yopu are looking for.

Mark
July 24, 2008 10:02AM
Stefan,

Thank you for the tip I'll have a look.

Mark
Art Bonds
July 24, 2008 03:14PM
I have tried to recreate the issue - 4 tabs with 5 to 7 controls depending on the tab - multiple edits, a button, a list box, an image, a radio button box - the execution seems snappy to me.

What controls are you putting on the window? Maybe it a certain combination of them, that's why I ask.

Thanks,
Art
Mark
July 24, 2008 04:51PM
Art,

Thanks for your interest I am using 4 Tabs and two of my tabs have 50 controls on each
I think you'll see the difference if you try it!

Mark
Paulo Oliveira
July 24, 2008 05:24PM
Did you tried MULTITASK ?
I don't know fvp, but the only way i know of making a delay is using multitask.

If you plan to fill all that controls with data from diferent files use threads read the files and to fill tab 2,3 and so on.
Art Bonds
July 24, 2008 10:26PM
WOW, I never would have thought "various controls" meant "50". :eek:

I'll enlarge my tabs and drop in 50+ controls and play with it tonight. Not sure I'll come up with any answers though. The only way I have ever seen any program be "snappy" with that many controls on a single window was where the program formatted the screen first "under the covers" then did a display command to actually display the window to the user.

Just another thought... are you testing this by using just the Go arrows, or are you compiling the program to an .exe then testing? I've noticed the compiled program always runs faster.

Art
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.