Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best way to build online context sensitive help

Posted by issah 
Hello,

I am about half way through a new application and I don't want to complete it before I start my user help docs. Going through the WD help, I cant seem to find any systematic way of implementing context sensitive online help. I know its all there, its just that I dont know how best to start. I am also afraid of losing the work I have done if I have to re-generate the help file subsequently.

A simple guide as to where to start and what to read would be great.

Thanks

issah
Christoph Erdmann
Re: Best way to build online context sensitive help
July 16, 2008 03:57PM
Hi issah,

use Help & Manual. I have lost many time with the help system from Windev ( it was WD8 - maybe it is now better ). You can integrate Help & Manual in a windev application without problems.

Christoph
KenKnight
Re: Best way to build online context sensitive help
July 16, 2008 04:14PM
Hi All,

Something else worth visiting is utilizing a Wiki. You install the wiki (ie MediaWiki ) on your web server which can be called with context calls which puts a person directly into a relative page.

you will need to develop a "help" class that you implement against the F1 key instead of using the windev dialog for help.

The benefits of using the centralized help system are pretty large.

Cheers!
Ken
I agree with Christoph.

I have been using Help and Manual for years now and it is very easy to use and I use it in WinDev without problems. Context sensitive help is super easy.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.