Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ToolTip Fade In

Posted by Malc 
Malc
ToolTip Fade In
July 15, 2008 04:10PM
Hi All

Anyone know how to speed up or disable the Fade In effect of the tooltips in the code editor?

You know, that incredibly slow appearance of a tooltip when you type the opening bracket
of a function?

Regards

Malc
Piet van Zanten
Re: ToolTip Fade In
July 15, 2008 06:41PM
Hi Malc,

If you hover the mouse over the tooltip, it will show untransparent.

Regards,
Piet
Malc
July 15, 2008 06:45PM
Hi Piet

Yes, I noticed that, but it does require an additonal amount of manual dexterity.
Rather than fading in (which takes several seconds), I would like it to just snap on like 'normal'.

I don't remember this in WD11 so I assume its something new which I hope can be disabled.

Regards

Malc
Paulo Oliveira
July 15, 2008 07:16PM
In WD XI the options for the tooltip is in Display -> Code Edit Options
but this option only is available when you edit some code.
Malc
July 16, 2008 10:30AM
Hi Paulo

Same in XII, but the options only indicate whether to show tooltips, not how quickly.

I'm guessing it's a graphical effect introduced in XII, but I cannot find an option to 'quicken' the display.

If I type the first bracket "(" of a function, I want the parameter help to appear immediately, and not have to use the mouse or Ctrl+Space to force its appearance.

Seems like another message to PC Soft.

Cheers

Malc
Piet van Zanten
July 16, 2008 06:20PM
Hi Malc.

I find this feature useful. It often happened that the tooltip covered the typing area, so you could not see what you were typing.

Regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.