Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ZIP file compression

Posted by Ricardo 
Ricardo
ZIP file compression
July 14, 2008 04:08PM

Hello, someone could tell me where I could find any procedure or example of a ZIP file compression in Windev, please!!!. ;-)
I am need generate backup of files FIC, I have a class for example, but does not work in version XII of Windev.

Regards
Jimbo
Re: ZIP file compression
July 14, 2008 05:17PM
Hi Ricardo,

for Classic HyperFile only, you cannot zip the files of an application directly from the running application, because they are open and in use. It doesn't help to close the files - as long as the analysis is active, the files are still 'in use'.

The rather simple solution ist to start a mini-application for zipping the files and directly after start you have to close the main application. After the files are selected, zipped and saved you can restart the main application and close the mini-application.

Kind regards,
Guenter
Ricardo
July 14, 2008 07:01PM
Guenter Hello, thank you for your answer.
Well, I got an example for compression, but unfortunately not working with the WD XII, works only in WD XI and I already converted all application. :-(
Anyway I will need to find another example that can help generate automatic .zip files for the end-user.

Regards
heinz kuebler
July 14, 2008 09:34PM
why not using the existing WD commands like zipcreate and zipadddirectory ?

I use them to realize a user-driven backup of the application data files (FIC+NDX)

opposed to Guenters message it is possible to do this with "live data": i close all files and copy them to a temporary directory. from here i use the WD zip commands which can create WDZ or Zip archives

regards, Heinz

Ricardo
July 15, 2008 12:09AM
Okay, I will try to use these commands WD, I was using one. DLL to generate free to compression.
Thankful for answers. :spos:
Ricardo
July 15, 2008 01:43AM

is working with the commands that you showed me, grateful! :spos::rp:
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.