Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windev generated external component not working as expected

Posted by rdj 
rdj
Windev generated external component not working as expected
March 27, 2024 03:34PM
Hi,
I have created an external component (own project) in windev.
the component is multi language and the program using this component also (all the same languages)

all functions defined in the external component work fine in the program

then I added 'constants' that I defined in this external component (f.e. txt_Sunday)
the reason for this is that I want to translate it ones and reuse this in all my programs

as long as the constant is not translated it is visible and usable in the program where this component is included
as soon as I translate this component (control T) in the component, regenerate this component and update it in the program, the constant is no longer available.
When I generate the component and 'regenerate' the 'component documentation' this constant is in the list
when I check the vars in the program after updating the component there, all the translated constants are not visible, all non translated constants are visible (and usable)

I also defined some 'fill array' functions in this external component f.e. one with yes/no
in this function I use the constant txt_yes and txt_no (all translated)
when I now call this function in my program I get the array back with the correct language text
only the txt_yes/txt_no constant is not showing in my program so can not use this directly

what am I doing wrong.

kind regards,

RdJ
Windev 2024/Webdev 2024

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2024 03:34PM by rdj.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.