Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ALL WD2024 Test Data path functions return previous version

Posted by Jeff Graham 
ALL WD2024 Test Data path functions return previous version
March 13, 2024 10:26PM
This is strange! As I have done with previous releases, I copy the directory for the previous WD version of my project and then open the project with the new version and the update all seems to go well. However with WD2024, the fDataDir(), fExeDir() and other path functions all return the paths from the WD28 version! I do have have a test data directory but changing that or go back and change the Project Description to use the current configuration, it still uses the TestData path from the <project>.v28.

I have verified the info in the project description is correct and I have deleted the .cpl directory and most of the <project>.xxx files and still it returns the <project>.v28 test file paths. If I rename the <project>.v28 folder, it creates the test directories.

The generated installation files for both 32-bit and 64-bit work.

I have reported the error to PC Soft but their first answer showed they did not understand. So I have sent additional information but no answer yet.

Any suggestions on where the Test Data path is stored or how to reset it?

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2024 10:28PM by Jeff Graham.
Re: ALL WD2024 Test Data path functions return previous version
March 24, 2024 05:16PM
Update on this problem. I have found that the result seems to always use the setting of Files for testing when created or updated. Then you can't change the Files Durectory for test mode!

Attached is the last communication to PC Soft.

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Attachments:
open | download - More Information on reported problem ST.pdf (172 KB)
March 26, 2024 04:56PM
Version 2024 seems to be strange not and not good. And I get strange answers from support as well. I do not know who works there now but in the past is was way better .

I think at this point I have to go back to version 28 for webdev as it is not workable for me

1 I cannot get a page into a frame page . So on my domain.com in a frame of 100% mydomein.com/the site is called So visitors can visit my doem to get to my public facing website
2 It generates lots of version of wd290web64.dll ( More then 20 instances wehn running 1 test of the site )
pC soft states version r has a fix for this. Well I tried working on the pag with windev (webdev in windev aproach ) does not work
I tried installing webde stand allone and with update to the R version => Still not working properly
3 recomplite and sync does not work when makeing changes to a main template. Have toupdat all pages seperately to get them to use the changes made to the template
March 27, 2024 10:25PM
I have spent many hours and sent several projects to convince Tech Support of the problem.

Today PC Soft finally acknowledged the problem and submitted it to their developers. The fix will require a patch or new version.

If you use Test Data folders like we do, to avoid accidental over writing of client settings or files and for integrating with other software, just remember you can't change the Project Files option or move the project after you create or upgrade to the 2024 project.

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.