Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD24 - UNICODE problem in Report

Posted by YogiYang 
WD24 - UNICODE problem in Report
February 16, 2024 06:50AM
Hello,

I have build a software which is working perfectly fine without any issues.

But one of the new users is entering data using UNICODE in his local language. The data when entered is showing up perfectly fine in the controls but when that data is sent to a Report for printing it breaks.

Here is a screenshot of the data entered in RTF control in the software and what is displayed in Report.

What must be the problem and how to solve it?

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Attachments:
open | download - 2024-02-16_111008.png (5.5 KB)
open | download - 2024-02-16_111937.png (4.2 KB)
Al
Re: WD24 - UNICODE problem in Report
February 16, 2024 07:44AM
Hello Yogi.

Does it come out ok as a PDF with the IParameterPDF(iPDFUnicode) option

Is that screenshot from Windev print preview ? As far as I know, the preview uses the printer driver to create the screen image as a WYSIWYG process. Maybe load a different brand of printer and see if there is a difference. Setting the destination to IGenericPDF may reveal something as it doesn't use the printer drivers

Regards
Al
February 16, 2024 07:59AM
Hello Al,

Thanks for your suggestions. But when I generate the PDF as per your suggestions the output contains ? marks.

I am attaching the sample file.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2024 07:59AM by YogiYang.
Attachments:
open | download - Parimal_Printout.pdf (23.7 KB)
February 16, 2024 08:08AM
Hello,

Oh!! Wow!!

It seems I have found a solution.

I set the RTF Win22 compatibility and now it is working.

I am attaching the screenshot for reference.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Attachments:
open | download - 2024-02-16_123510.png (12.7 KB)
February 16, 2024 08:09AM
Hi YY

I assume your project configuration is Unicode and the database fields (also this memo field) are unicode text fields?
It might be worth to check that in the analysis editor. There is a bulk conversion check somewhere in the menu.

If all is OK on that side it concerns a bug I guess.

Personally never had any unicode issues since V19 (Before that I had issues with Chinese and Korean character sets in unicode mode).

Cheers

Peter
Al
February 16, 2024 08:13AM
Hello Yogi,

Congratulations on finding a solution.

I was thinking it was a printer driver issue and the "???" was what I expected to see as the output did not use the printer driver.

Regards
Al
February 16, 2024 12:33PM
Hell Peter,

Thanks for the tips.

I generally build all my projects to support UNICODE from ground up since WX20.

I have researched for this problem quite a lot and have come across variety of suggestions in various forums. I even copy - pasted the text in many software and found that some of them showed the same problem that I am facing.

After going through variety of documentations and studying the same kind of problems in various matured & professional software I had come to the conclusion that Unicow.dll was the culprit.

But thankfully that was not the case.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.