Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD28 - Installation issue

Posted by JP 
JP
WD28 - Installation issue
December 04, 2023 12:15PM
Hi All

Trying to install WinDev 28 under Windows 10. The installation works fine, it finds the dongles and goes through the whole process without issue. But when I try and run WinDev I get the error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close"

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks

JP
Re: WD28 - Installation issue
December 04, 2023 12:50PM
Hi JP,

7b smells like problem with peripherals like printer, mouse etc. Do really habe an USB dongle or still a parallel dongle? Just a question.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
JP
December 04, 2023 01:07PM
Hi Guenter

I have genuine USB dongles for all 3 packages. But I am running Windows 10 under VirtualBox. This does work 100% when running under a Windows 8 VirtualBox. And all other applications run fine under VirtualBox e.g. MSOffice, other dev tools, Adobe, etc. And the WD installation also works fine too. So I dont think it's VirtualBox. I am now downloading the latest version 28 setup package from PCSoft's website and will try and see if that works. My version 28 setup package was a little older than the one available from their website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2023 01:07PM by JP.
JP
December 04, 2023 06:32PM
Well, I cant get it to work under Windows 10 running as a VirtualBox virtual machine. Works fine for Windows 8 but not Win10. PCSoft cannot help. Anyone else had this issue or am I the only one running virtual machines and WinDev?
Al
December 04, 2023 06:42PM
Hello JP

There are quite a few links from a Google search describing the problem but whether they work on a virtual machine is another matter.

[www.howtogeek.com]

[answers.microsoft.com]

[www.techadvisor.com]

Regards
Al
JP
December 04, 2023 06:47PM
Al,

Thanks I will look into those.

Question: how can I install the 32bit versions of WinDev? There used to be an option for that during the install but that has now gone. Is there a 32bit installer? I ask because your first link says that this error can be caused by mismatch between 32 bit and 64 bit software and perhaps the drivers for the hasp dongles is 32bit?
JP
December 05, 2023 08:15AM
Hi Al,

The problem is solved as follows from your link:

[www.howtogeek.com]

1) Uninstall all WinDev tools (WD, WB, WDM)

2) Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable - see linked article.

NB: No need to reinstall as WinDev installation will install it.

3) Fix Windows' Corrupt Files - see linked article.

From a command prompt (admin privileges) run:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Then run:

sfc /scannow

My Windows installation had some errors apparently and the sfc /scannow fixed them.

4) Reset the computer

5) Reinstall the WinDev tools.

Thanks for posting the links! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2023 08:16AM by JP.
Al
December 05, 2023 09:46AM
Hello JP,

Glad it worked out for you - certainly was an odd problem.

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.