Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We'll move the Forum from Dec 7th, 2023

Posted by gpredl 
We'll move the Forum from Dec 7th, 2023
December 03, 2023 06:53PM
Hi friends,

we are going to move the WINDEV FORUM from the current server (located in Germany) to a new server located in Helsinki / Finland. The old server IP was in a range that had been used by Chinese hackers and we still are blacklisted with gmail, .mail and others. Additionally, the new server is more cost efficient. There may be interruptions of accessibility or funny responses during a maximum of three days starting from Dec 7th, 2023. All of the postings of the forum should stay preserved and unchanged. We will do a full backup before moving.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Re: We'll move the Forum from Dec 7th, 2023
December 11, 2023 03:09PM
why not host it in germany with strato => VPS is cheep and specs are really good
December 11, 2023 04:48PM
Hi., we have a few servers in Europe and this one seemed to be the best suited.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
December 11, 2023 10:14PM
can you maybe share where you host the server ?
December 12, 2023 06:28AM
Read the first line of my initial posting!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
December 20, 2023 10:47PM
Greeting
Take care that the forum has the possibility to insert photos, which is very important for exchanging code or other examples, to me personally this seems outdated and too slow communication when we have at our disposal various advanced social networks with greater possibilities. Messages on social networks are noticed much faster than on forums. This is my opinion, which I believe is shared by others.

[infosonline.net]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.