Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev 27 (01A270104h)- GO vs Exe build

Posted by DerekM 
WinDev 27 (01A270104h)- GO vs Exe build
November 22, 2023 04:59AM
I've been using WinDev for quite a while - but recently got caught by a strange "bug" (or whatever) that I have not seen before.

A pretty complex window with several Planes (which has been working perfectly for years) - was updated with new functionality - then stopped working at a critical point.

Long story short. Could find no cause of the error so reluctantly decided that the easier quickest way forward was to re-write the misbehaving function in a separate window.

So, when finished and tested with GO - all good with the new window (still not working in the old window) - I rebuild the exe and tested again.

Um - yes - it all worked - including the window that did not work with GO.

This is the first time that I have encountered an issue with GO. I am a little curious to know at least - if anyone has ever encountered a similar issue.
Al
Re: WinDev 27 (01A270104h)- GO vs Exe build
November 22, 2023 05:19AM
Hello Derek,

I have never had the problem but as the building the exe fixed the issue, maybe check to seek if you have the "Compile in background " option turned off in the general settings.

Regards
Al
November 28, 2023 12:57AM
Did you try recompile / repair and options below and those didnt help either?
pao
November 30, 2023 06:42PM
Sometimes when the GO doesn't work or for instance the debug don't stop at the correct line the recompilation normally solves the problem.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
December 01, 2023 09:41AM
Or delete the *.cpl Folder and restart windev. That works always for me.

regards Michael
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.