Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DDW parent window blocking active child window

Posted by DerekM 
DDW parent window blocking active child window
October 03, 2023 05:15AM
This is in WebDev 27 - just testing in the GO mode. I've always had this issue popping up occasionally - so it pre-dates Windows 11.

I've been mostly working with WebDev lately - so maybe I'm not thinking straight in WinDev. These are all Free Windows.

I'm not sure where to start with this - any suggestions?

From Bing Chat:

I apologize for the confusion. Based on your description, it seems that both the parent and child windows already have the DDW feature enabled. However, you are still facing an issue where the parent window opens the child window, but the parent window is disabled and still in front of the child window.

This issue could be related to a bug in Windows 11. Unfortunately, I don’t have any information on a workaround for this issue. I suggest you try contacting Microsoft support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

<End Bing Chat:>

Thanks - Regards,
Derek
Al
Re: DDW parent window blocking active child window
October 04, 2023 12:54PM
Hello Derek,

In the child window, would a Winstatus(windowname,TopActive) work to override whatever the issue is ?

This could go at the end of the window init event or the window focus gain event.

Regards
Al

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2023 12:55PM by Al.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.