Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM28] Unable to generate APK

Posted by RobertLeo 
[WM28] Unable to generate APK
September 03, 2023 07:50AM
Greetings guys,

I have recently upgraded WM to 28 and upgraded my project from WM25 to 28, but when I try to generate APK this error (In the attachments) would appear, any idea on how to fix it?
Attachments:
open | download - error_during_apk_generation.pdf (90.8 KB)
Re: [WM28] Unable to generate APK
September 10, 2023 06:35PM
Hi,

You don't make it clear what you have tried so far, if anything? As you probably know, Gradle isn't a PCS product, it's a (kind of) development framework, so the issue probably isn't directly attributable to WM.

There are a few things I would try to begin with...

1) Have you taken a look at the log file? JVM crash log found: file:///D:/new/MobileProjectAndroid/Android/gen/hs_err_pid4456.log

2) When making such a (relatively) big leap from WM25 to WM28, it could be the version of Gradle you are using that is causing the issues you are seeing.

3) With it being a Gradle issue, as I said, it's probably not just limited to WM; I found this on the Gradle org site and another older post on stack overflow that might help -
[discuss.gradle.org]
...or... and older post:
[stackoverflow.com]
...but don't be limited to my example search, have a look around, you might just find something?

Hope this helps in some small way? smiling smiley

Regards,
Darren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2023 06:39PM by DarrenF.
Re: [WM28] Unable to generate APK
September 11, 2023 07:40AM
Hey Darren,

thanks for the reply but we ended up solving it, which is in a way funny on what was causing the issue

so we had the newest gradle provided by downloading it via WM28 (so 7.5.1, not 8.1), so that shouldn't have been problem, and when we checked the logs it mentioned that the JVM Memory was full, which was odd because WM28 was the only thing running on the 8gb RAM PC, so we decided to check what happens when we try to generate the APK again and... it was powershell that was eating the RAM, massive amounts of powershell instances eating up the resources, so we restarted the dev PC and it works now
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.