Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SOLVED - Printing fields vertically

Posted by Jeff Graham 
SOLVED - Printing fields vertically
July 22, 2023 07:25PM
I would like to print fields rotated 90 degrees but so far I can only do that for barcodes.

I am trying to print labels on a label printer and it has to be readable from the side.

Any suggestions?

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2023 08:36PM by Jeff Graham.
Re: WD28 - Printing fields vertically
July 23, 2023 07:15AM
Hi Jeff,

it's easy, you just have to re-define the label from portrait to landscape!

iParameter(iOrientation,iOrientation_Landscape)

iParameter(iOrientation,iOrientation_Portrait)

- Look at the results of re-defining iPaperHeight and iPaperWidth

- Next, maybe, look into the driver of the label printer.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
July 23, 2023 11:22PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Guenter.
I have tried taking my report defined in landscape mode which is what I want. I changed the orientation of the printer to portrait and it prints but it only prints the left portion of the label and across the label. It does not send the report body rotated 90 degrees.

Here is the code I used:
	WHILE 1=1
		IF NOT iConfigure("DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo") THEN
			Error("Unable to select DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo printer")
			ReturnToCapture()
		END
		iConfigure(iPrinter) //Configuration window for DYMO
		SpecialParameters is Buffer = iParameter(iExtraParameters)
		Info("Current config:","Orientation = " + iParameter(iOrientation),"PaperSize = " + iParameter(iPaperSize), ...
				"PageHeight = " + iParameter(iPaperHeight),"PageWidth = " + iParameter(iPaperWidth),"NbCopies = " + iParameter(iCopies), ...
				"PaperSource = " + iParameter(iPaperSource),"YResolution = " + iParameter(iYResolution),"Color = " + iParameter(iColor), ...
				"Collate = " + iParameter(iCollate),"Special size = " + Length(SpecialParameters),"Special = " + SpecialParameters)
		IF YesNo(No,"Repeat configuration?") = No THEN  BREAK 
	END
	iParameter(iOrientation,iOrientation_Portrait) 
	iDestination(iPrinter,"Label_Print_2")
	iPrintReport(RPT_Label_Print_2)
//	iConfigure(iPrinter)
//	iDestination(iPrinter,"Label_Print")
//	iPrintReport(RPT_Label_Print)
	Info("Test complete")
END

The commented out report is a portrait version. The barcode is fine as you can rotate it but you have to read the text by tilting your head and there is not enough width anyway! smiling smiley

I need to be able to force the data fields of the report to be vertical some how.

I was hoping it would work. I learned how to set the number of copies and how to choose left or right rolls, so that is very useful as well.

Any other suggestions?
July 24, 2023 06:52AM
Hi Jeff, honestly, I did not expect you to use "reports" for a simple label. It shouldn't be too much of a job to do it using i-commands like iCreateFont, iPrint, iTextwidth, iTextHeight etc. [help.windev.com] We routinely do label printing with i-commands only.

For the reports I recommend to signal that to PC Soft.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
July 24, 2023 11:56AM
Hi Jeff,

not sure if I understand correctly, but in a report body you can rotate every single item : go to Style and set the angle to 90 degree

kind regards, Heinz
SOLVED - WD28 - Printing fields vertically
July 24, 2023 08:35PM
Duuuh - Dumb me looked everywhere I could for a way to rotate and never saw the Angle option in Style.\

Thanks, Heinz!

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.