Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Development Computer Migration WX products

Posted by cabinetman 
Development Computer Migration WX products
July 14, 2023 07:59PM
Hello All,

When migrating to a new development computer, what files for WX need to be moved to the new computer?

Things like settings stored info.

Dennis W
Al
Re: Development Computer Migration WX products
July 16, 2023 08:57AM
Hello Dennis,

If your registry is anything like mine it will be full of Windev crap from old and current installations. My current PC has settings back to Windev18.

I would take the opportunity to make a clean start from a fresh install of Windev on the new computer and just redo the settings in the tools menu

Regards
Al
if you installed everything in ONE directory (and not the windows/microsoft way with thinggs scattered everywhere), then you NEED simply to copy the wx directory (windev 28 by example)

Just starting the exe on the new machine is enough to create anything necessary in the registry

If you are keen on keapping all your settings, then go in the registry and find the PC SOFT key then export it and inport it on the new machine.

If you copied everything at the same place, you will get everything.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.