Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB 28] FTP deploy

Posted by pietvanz 
[WB 28] FTP deploy
July 07, 2023 01:33PM
Hi,

Does anyone know what to do if the WINFO file cannot be retrieved?

Error message:
Failure retrieving the remote file (SiteName.WINFO) to the local file (C:\Users\Piet\AppData\Local\Temp\FTPB74.tmp).
The error returned is: The file or directory SiteName.WINFO does not exist or cannot be accessed.

The ftp user is running as administrator, so I don't think file rights can be an issue here.

Kind regards,
Piet
Re: [WB 28] FTP deploy
July 07, 2023 06:12PM
Hi Piet. FTP. Things have been changed fundamentally in version 28! The main "problem" (for us) is that the communication is encrypted now. As a standard. Who needs encrypted FTP? Not me. My humble advice: use v27. I tried to use v28, failed and received advice that it would be updated. Update came, but I didn't test it. Reading your post .. I'm in doubt. If you really have to use v28 then please contact Tech Support, they really tried to help and if you can demonstrate your problem they will look into it. Can't promise that it will be solved however.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
July 07, 2023 09:09PM
Thanks, Guenter.

Well, the project is obviously already done in v28, so using v27 is not an option.
Fortunately the standalone setup package does work, so it's not a showstopper.
But I always hate when I can't get things to work.
They are still in the habit of giving useless and undocumented error messages so the ftp setup is a black box to me.

Kind regards,
Piet
Argus
July 08, 2023 09:46PM
why use ftp at all?

Since several versions, deployment can be done using http/https without having to setup a ftp server or entering any user/password information on top of the webdev user account...

And it works well too...

So forget about ftp, securized or not, it's much simplet without it
July 08, 2023 11:34PM
Works like a charm.
Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2023 11:34PM by pietvanz.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.