Advanced

[WB28] - Table Column Title

Posted by JP 
JP
[WB28] - Table Column Title
July 06, 2023 10:02AM
Hi All

WebDev 28

I have a table control with a few columns. I mark the columns as sortable. I set a default sort order to the first column. The other 4 columns now show the word "none" in the top-left corner of the column title caption (where the sort arrows would normally be). The word disappears if I sort that column and is replaced with the up or down arrrow.

Q) Is it possible to not have that word "none" show as a default?

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2023 10:06AM by JP.
Re: [WB28] - Table Column Title
July 06, 2023 10:23AM
Hi, though it looks a bit funny, the "none" is the correct identification for users because the column is not sorted by this item.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
JP
July 06, 2023 12:25PM
Guenter

It sounds like a reasonable explaination BUT: once you click on the column and then click on a different column the word "none" is replaced with the little up/down arrow icon. This icon is the correct icon as it indicates to the user that the column can be sorted but is not currently sorted up or down. Once you click the column you get either the up or down arrow which indicates the sort order.

Therefore the word "none" is redundent and of no value. Rather show the up/down arrow icon for: sortable but not currently sorted, and the up arrow and the down arrow to indicate it is sorted.

Is there no way to remove the "none" and simply show the up/down arrow?
July 06, 2023 01:00PM
Hi, I didn't look into it, but when looking at the style of the Table Control there's a definition of the image to show in the header. Maybe, thtat's the place to see the "none"?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
JP
July 06, 2023 02:04PM
Hi Guenter

You the man! All I had to do was create a blank transparent icon and tell WebDev to use it as the icon for Sort Image (Non-Sorted Columns) and that solved the problem. Thanks
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.