Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

windev26 ENGLISH tutorial video

Posted by ccc2 
ccc2
windev26 ENGLISH tutorial video
May 23, 2022 02:08PM
I found windev 26 beginner tutorial on udemy .

[www.udemy.com]

from I start using windev 12 until now. this is first time I see video tutorial for windev in ENGLISH

I hope someone will make advance level tutorial
Re: windev26 ENGLISH tutorial video
May 23, 2022 03:29PM
Hi CCC,
thanks for sharing ...
Just ordered it - even if it is not an advanced level tutorial, Scott and anybody else that publishes for WX, deserves our support.

Regards
Steven Sitas
Argus
May 23, 2022 06:25PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about...

the first subject of THIS forum is a pinned thread with a link to more than 80 hours of tutorials in english made by Fabrice Harari, and going from beginers courses to advanced ones..

Just look up...
May 24, 2022 06:35AM
Argus,

You are right, but these tutorials are not for beginners or intermediates. They are for seasoned WX developers.
May 24, 2022 11:48AM
Argus,
the more options a WX beginner has, the better ...
You (and me) may appreciate the power of WX, but there are a lot of developers out there that need some way to quickly "know about" WX.

It is in our interest, and of course PCSofts also, that wx becomes more popular and better known to the very large developers community.
Every time I read the TIOBE index I am seized with despair that WX is not listed ..

Of course, Fabrice has done a great job for the WX community, but his videos are not for beginners.

Regards
Steven Sitas
Al
May 24, 2022 01:14PM
Hello Steven

It is in our interest, and of course PCSofts also, that wx becomes more popular and better known to the very large developers community.
Every time I read the TIOBE index I am seized with despair that WX is not listed ..

Save your despair, PCSoft seems to have no serious interest in the world outside of France.

Check out the Spanish/English version of the Windev.com web site, especially the mostly old technical videos, created by a third party, some in English and some in a hard to understand and annoying slow Southern USA drawl. The Spanish version of the Help is littered with English phrases, explanations and screen captures.

I could go on but what's the point ?

Regards
Al
May 25, 2022 08:56PM
Hello everyone.

I only found this WinDev Forum because of the traffic found by Udemy.com so forgive me for not having known about this place earlier.

Those commenting above are absolutely correct about course / tutorial walk through is 100% meant for novice and intermediate level WinDev developers. The course I made is nothing more than a way to help others that are trying to get their feet under them in regards to WinDev as a language. I asked PC SOFT if I could just create a course because I literally could not find ANY course in English for beginners. They approved the project so I put it together over a few months. Trust me, I did not create this course to make money and you would see that if you saw how little I actually keep out of the purchase price lol. Think 7.5%. I can assure you no one is getting rich creating a course like this smiling smiley The pure goal is to provide an inexpensive resource for new users to follow to just get started. More advanced classes are already available. The hope is to grow the community of English speaking WinDev developers.

Also you do not need to keep paying full price for the course or refer it to others to pay full price. You can use or forward this link and get the course for $10 off (or $19.99).

https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-windev-26-with-me/?couponCode=WINDEV26TUT

If you know someone trying to get started learning the core concepts of Windev, this is an inexpensive option that literally walks people through the entire Windev tutorial with demonstrations on each lesson.

Hopefully it helps a few new developers (LIKE ME!)

Scott
May 26, 2022 08:06AM
Hi Scott,

first of all I want to say a big "Thank you!" for providing a video tutorial for absolute beginners in WINDEV! It's quite good to base it on WINDEV Express, sparing your auditorium from buying WINDEV front up. It's a good idea and a lot of work to prepare those lessons and I hope you're getting some turnover from it in return to your investment!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 26, 2022 04:10PM
Thank you Guenter.

You are correct about the amount of time to even put a course like this together. I initial was going to do it in WinDev 27 because it was about to be released at the time I started in Nov 2021 and the online tutorial for 27 was already posted on the website. Then I learned that the Express (tutorial) version for 27 will not be released until late 2022.

Here are a few things that I learned while going through (repeatedly) the WinDev tutorial:
A) It is very clear PC SOFT has not put much effort into the tutorial for many years.
cool smiley A few of the lessons covered in the tutorial are literally not possible with the Express Edition which makes no sense. I still went through that in the course but could not demonstrate it in action.
C) A few lessons near the end of the tutorial seem like they just stopped half way through. Something like to make a new window that does X, follow step 1, 2, 3, 4 then just click the link to online help to figure the rest out.
D) Lots of typos and grammar mistakes will suggest to any new developer that the author is not even proof reading it's own documents. To me this is like when you are hiring someone and they send in a cover letter with bad grammar and misspelled words. If I am the hiring manager, I do not even look at the resume if the cover letter ends with "I look forword to heering back from you soon."

The best thing that could come from this is for the people that take the course to help me report all of these issues to PC SOFT so they will hopefully spend some time and energy correcting them and improving the tutorial. IMHO, it is a tragedy that such a fantastic development language / tool loses potential WinDev developers due to such easy things to correct.

As you seem to be a moderator at this wonderful yet hard to find site smiling smiley can I ask if it would be alright for me to create a thread for students of my course to communicate with each other? If so I can send them all a link to that thread which will allow them to openly provide feedback (negative and positive) both about me and the Windev tutorial covered. It takes up to 48 hours for messages to be seen in Udemy which is just not a good thing. A forum for new developers to compare notes and work together learning would be huge. If this is not site is not the right place for that, I understand. Facebook could be used but they manipulate links and all sorts of other things are tracked making it a kind of divisive place for a forum IMO. If you have other ideas where I could create a "Windev learners" forum, I would be happy to listen. When I was creating applications using Magic Software, we had a huge Yahoo Group that was great. We probably had 3 or 4 thousand people there helping each other. Unfortunately, Yahoo Groups are now gone though.

Looking forward to feedback.
Regards,
Scott
May 27, 2022 07:55AM
Hi Scott,

I'm creating a forum for you! Is there any idea for a name?
"Scotty's WINDEV forum" ?
I'm not sure I can give you admin rights just for that forum, but I'll see ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 27, 2022 03:34PM
lol @ "Scotty's WINDEV forum" <- that's funny

Please do not put my name in it lol. It should be about WinDev not me.

Perhaps something like "WinDev Tutorial Forum". If a description is needed, perhaps something like "Forum for discussing the WinDev Tutorial with others"

Whatever forum you create will be much appreciated. After you make it, I will send it to the existing students and add a link to the welcome message so all people that get the course will be able to sign up. If it get's to 500 or 1000 people that join, the WinDev community will have a great group of new developers coming up the ranks.
May 27, 2022 04:21PM
Hi Scott,

Ok, if that's your wish ... no problem, so, your name may be "WINDEV Tutorial Forum!" ! For the legal part, I'd like to know your full address and phone number, if you don't want to publish it on the forum, just send a mail to office@syspredl.com.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 27, 2022 06:02PM
Hi Scott, here we are, your forum is up and running. However, the admin part is left to solve ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 29, 2022 06:22PM
Sent you an email.
June 30, 2022 04:40PM
Hi everyone. Just a quick update to help people save money if they know someone that would like a study buddy to go through the WinDev 26 tutorial.

Sadly after being release for about 40 days, it is very, very clear that very few people in the US are interested in using the WinDev tutorial to learn WinDev. The goal of the course, for me, was to just learn WinDev and record it for others to have a "study buddy" if they desired. Of the 25 people that purchased the course, only 2 (yep two!) students were from the United States. There were 4 people in Mexico!

There is no way I can make the course free because it is too long (23 hours of lectures) so the best I can do is lower the price to the lowest possible price on Udemy which is $19.99 then create monthly coupons discounting it to $9.99. Again, if I could make it free I would. The limit for a free course is 2 hours so my course is just 21 hours too long lol.

Here is the link / promo code for the next 3 days or so. https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-windev-26-with-me/?couponCode=JUN-JUL-2022-9.99

As you can see in the code format, I can only make codes that last 30 days one at a time and I cannot re-use discount codes either. So I will use the following format.

JUN-JUL-2022-9.99 (this code is good from 06/23/2022 until 07/23/2022)

next month the code will be:

JUL-AUG-2022-9.99

then next would be:

AUG-SEP-2022-9.99
July 25, 2022 04:36PM
Sorry for this change from $9.99 for $13.99. Udemy has proven to be very hard to work with when it comes to pricing the course. There system will now only let me make a coupon code to get the price down to $13.99 thumbs down

Nothing would make me happier than to simply make the course permanently $9.99 with no coupon needed but Udemy will not allow any price lower than $19.99.

Here is this months link if anyone wants to get course. [www.udemy.com]

Again, I cannot make the course free because it is over 23 hours long and Udemy requires any free course to be less than 2 hours.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.