Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Copy/Paste protection for installed applications...

Posted by jaistar 
Copy/Paste protection for installed applications...
May 11, 2022 10:24AM
Hi everyone....
after installation of my new application... if i copy the software from installed directory to another computer, the software can still run on another pc... is there any way to protect our software from copying?
Al
Re: Copy/Paste protection for installed applications...
May 11, 2022 10:55AM
Hello Jaistar

Have a look at these threads

[www.wxforum.info]

[www.wxforum.info]

Regards
Al
rdj
May 13, 2022 10:18AM
In some more secured environments the use of a usb stick is not allowed, so similar as the above 'portable' solution you can also get some other IDs (HDD Type/Serial, MAC, ---?) from the computer/server the installation should run on and put those serial numbers in a secured file that is checked before starting or during runtime.Off-course you need to generate a license key then and should write some code to 'get the license'.

kind regards,

RdJ
Windev 2024/Webdev 2024

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2022 10:20AM by rdj.
May 14, 2022 06:21PM
Hi, originally, my intention was to have protection similarily to PC Soft's dongles. If your PC goes south, you just remove the dongle and continue working with another PC. In fact, we have hundreds of customers using single PCs. However, those PCs are essential for production which is done 24/7 at days, at night, on Saturdays and on Sundays. No PC - no production. If they're doing their regular (= daily) backups they can take their laptops, any PCs of their friends, children whatever and continue with their job - provided they move the USB-dongle to the replacement computer. This way we can ensure that our customers are using the licensed number of copies of our program while not taking their computer as a hostage.

If you're using the IDs of existing hardware within the computer then this computer is the "dongle". Just like Windows does. You can't move the licensed program from computer A to computer B. For office users this is not a problem, but for 24/7 production purposes this is downright catastrophic. I even developed a dongle version for using it on Windows servers, but there has never been a need to deploy it.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 16, 2022 12:33PM
Hi, I have personally set up a check for my apps on my site so I can remotely turn someone on or off

[infosonline.net]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.