Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB27] Waste of time and money? We'll see

Posted by pietvanz 
[WB27] Waste of time and money? We'll see
April 04, 2022 12:01PM
Hi,

I've been struggling for hours with an imported project from WB 23.
I don't like the ui AT ALL, but perhaps I could get used to it.
However, the styles are a complete disaster.
All of the images of buttons etc. are dislocated and show red crosses, generating hundreds of ui warnings.
Editing the styles is so annoying!
Default are not the project styles, but the template styles so each and every time I first need to select the project styles.
Sometimes these are, sometimes these are NOT modifiable. (Project styles should ALWAYS be modifiable!) When they are modifiable and modified, changes are not stored.
So I should probably duplicate and recreate each and every style.
Such a waste of precious time!

Regards,
Piet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2022 02:00PM by pietvanz.
Re: [WB27] Waste of time and money [solved]
April 04, 2022 01:59PM
Hi,

I refused to give up and found a solution.
My first approach was to duplicate the project from the Webdev Option "Export project".
This resulted in the chaos I described in my previous post.

Now I have manually copied the project, renamed the old one, openend the fresh copy in v27 and almost all gui errors gone.
smileys with beer

Still I don't see why there can only be one window in the unused space in the center of my screen.
When I undock it, it immediately docks again when moving it.
That's because the blue docking areas are ridiculously large (half of the screen size)

Regards,
Piet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2022 02:00PM by pietvanz.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.