Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ALIAS

Posted by Mark0057 
ALIAS
March 10, 2022 11:17PM
I am New to Windev, coming from TopSpeed Clarion, I had used the Alias function in clarion to access a data file multiple times from the same form, I have tried to research a command or function in WinDev to allow me to do the same thing, but just not finding it, it could be Alias has a different function in WinDev , and I am looking in the wrong place.

My situation is in a single form (additional work agreement), I have Document Creator, Project Manager, and Bookkeeping Approving Manager all of these fields point to the employee file thru Aliases , and get 3 different employee IDs and Names I don’t see how to accomplish this in WinDev, any help, point me to the correct command, or help file would be appreciated.

TIA
Mark
Re: ALIAS
March 10, 2022 11:33PM
Hi Mark,

Look for the hAlias function in the Windev Help.

hAlias help

Aad
Al
March 10, 2022 11:33PM
Hello Mark

The file system in Windev is called Hyperfile and all commands that work on files start with "H" so HAlias() is the command to setup an alias

BUJCAlias is Data Source
HAlias("JCTrans","BUJCAlias")
HChangeName("BUJCAlias","JCTrans")
HChangeConnection(BUJCAlias,HyperFileCS)

When you use an index with an alias, the index name must be in quotes
HreadSeekFirst("BUJCAlias","JCCleunik",SrchPKey)

Regards
Al
Infoss
March 11, 2022 03:00PM
Greeting
Personally, I do almost all manipulations on databases using sql queries and it proved to be very effective
March 11, 2022 03:04PM
Hi Infoss,

hAlias does to.. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2022 05:08PM by AadG.
March 11, 2022 07:10PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the help, I can move forward again!

Mark
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.