Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Internal Window and scrollbars

Posted by YogiYang 
Internal Window and scrollbars
February 07, 2022 08:47AM
Hello,

I am using Dynamic tabs so when a user opens a window I add new tab and assign an Internal Window to that tab.

Here is the WinDev RAD generated code that I am using:
PROCEDURE OpenOrEnablePane(sWindowName is string<window name>, sCaption, Key="", *)
sAlias is string=sWindowName+sCaption+Key

// CTRL key down
bEnabled is boolean=NOT KeyPressed(kpControl)

// current pane
sCurrentAlias is string=TAB_Menu

// disables the display
MyWindow..DisplayEnabled=False

// if the pane does not exist yet
IF TabStatus(TAB_Menu,sAlias)=paneNotFound THEN
	// open a new pane
	NewTab is Champ <- TabOpen(TAB_Menu,sCaption,sWindowName,key,MyParameters[4 to])
	NewTab..Alias=sAlias

// otherwise, enable the tab
ELSE IF bEnabled
	TAB_Menu=sAlias	
END

// if the pane must not be enabled (CTRL key down)
IF NOT bEnabled THEN
	TAB_Menu=sCurrentAlias
END

// enables the display
MyWindow..DisplayEnabled=True

My problem is that if the Internal Window is larger than the tab size it is assigned to, the UI seems to get smaller instead what I want is to show Scrollbars if the Internal Windows is larger than the control to which it is assigned.

How to do this?

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Re: Internal Window and scrollbars
February 11, 2022 11:11PM
Just a guess.. did you try putting all the controls in a super controller. This is what I so on mobile devices

DW
February 19, 2022 12:27PM
Hello,

While experimenting I observed that if I load an IW in Internal Window control and if the IW is larger then the size of Internal Window control then scrollbars are automatically show but if we assign IW to a tab control programmatically (at runtime) then the problem starts!

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
February 20, 2022 12:02PM
Hi Yogi,
the only solution I found was supporting a minimum screen analysis - mine now is 1024 * 768.
If you ever find a solution - other than the use of a super control - please post it here

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.