Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WDRemoteAccessServer

Posted by ArieM 
WDRemoteAccessServer
February 04, 2022 12:10PM
Hi,

is anyone using WDRemoteAccessServer?

I have a small WD application with a HFSQL database and now people ask to work from home.
I don't think itis wise to open port 4900 or any other port, which is directly bound to a database.
So I read about WDRemoteAccessServer. Would that be the solution, can I see this as a webbservice?

A first try was not very succesfull. The help says
Selecting the analysis (.wdd file) corresponding to the data accessed via the remote access in the "Analyses" tab ("Configuration" button). This selection is performed in the "WDRemoteAccessServer" application.

But there is no analyses tab thumbs down

Arie
Re: WDRemoteAccessServer
February 04, 2022 12:49PM
Hi Arie,

my son has used that special HFSQL server and he told me that it is blazingly fast. Faster than anything he had with HFSQL. Downside: fields within files have no naming but have numbers 1,2,3 ... nn . I'll ask him to answer your post over the weekend.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.