Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SCM (hosted at PcSoft) slow last weeks?

Posted by Frans 
SCM (hosted at PcSoft) slow last weeks?
December 07, 2021 05:17PM
Hello to you all,

We use the SCM and we love it.
Only... the last weeks it is so so slow.
Our internet speed it perfect.
Are there others who have the same experience?

Thanks in advance.
Regards Frans

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2021 12:02PM by Frans.
Re: SCM slow last weeks?
December 07, 2021 05:58PM
Hi Frans,

That's bit of an open question because it depends on a lot of variables (assuming you're in Client/Server mode on a server), things like; your server configuration, has anything happened or changed recently on your SCM server, how the people connected are using the SCM, do you use multiple "branches" etc... etc...

...if it suddenly started happening, it could be something with your SCM server, but I suppose the easiest (quickest) thing to try would be a re-index and repair to see if it's just a corrupt index or something similar ...after you've backed up your repository of course! smiling smiley

Regards,
Darren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2021 05:59PM by DarrenF.
Re: SCM (hosted at PcSoft) slow last weeks?
December 08, 2021 12:04PM
Hi Darren,

Thank you for your answer. I forgot to tel that we host at PcSoft. And we did make a new project etc.
Are there other persons around here that host the SCM at PcSoft?

Thanks in advance.
Regards Frans
December 09, 2021 01:31AM
Hi,

It looks to me like something on the server has changed, have you tried contacting PCS about the performance issues?

Also, you don't state if you attempted a reindex/repair?

Regards,
Darren.
December 09, 2021 02:41PM
Hi darren,

Thans for your answer. No I did not contact PcSoft because I wanted to be sure that it is not something at our site.
Regards Frans
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.