Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Browsing Table Selection

Posted by gpredl 
Browsing Table Selection
December 04, 2021 10:33AM
Hi,

after doing a TableSelectPlus(Table, Subscript) most times the selected row is shown as the first row in the Table control. That's correct but not beautiful or quite useful for users. If possible, I want to move the selected row a bit down, showing some of the rows before the selected row. How to do that?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Re: Browsing Table Selection
December 04, 2021 02:07PM
TablePosition ?

DW
December 04, 2021 04:29PM
Hi DW, thank you! I've been trying to use TablePosition(..) for the whole of today's morning. The problem: I can't see a consistent behaviour! This table control has 11 sortable columns. The first one is a numeric one and using TableSelect(TABLE,5,tavisible) it shows the selected row correctly within view but never where I thought it to be placed in the fifth position from the beginning of the table. Using the same instruction on alpha sorting of the second column is a downright desaster. The selected row isn't shown at all! And so on. Only the numeric column does work, none of the other. Any advice?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
December 04, 2021 04:39PM
Hi,

I think, I did not understand the idea behind TablePosition(...)! The correct way to use it seems to be TablePosition(TABLE, TableSelect(TABLE), tavisible).

Ok, best used without any options: TablePosition(TABLE, TableSelect(TABLE))

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2021 04:56PM by gpredl.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.