Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD26 - ActiveX control not working after migrate from WD21

Posted by ArieM 
WD26 - ActiveX control not working after migrate from WD21
October 15, 2021 03:09PM
Hi,

I converted a documentscanning application from Wd21 to WD26.
It uses n ActiveX control to connect to twain scanners : Ciansoft TwainControlX
Worked for years now with my V21 version of the application.

WD26 however doesn't seem to recognize this activex anymore. It isn't even in the list during designtime, where I have a Window with the Windev-active-control. When looking at the properties of that cnotrol I nromally can select the externa, OCX there, but is is in the list. Also some controls are missing, when compared ot the WD21 project.

Do I need newer OCX controls to get it working ni WD26?

Maybe I could skip activex and use the Windev twain funcions. Anyone having good experience with them?
Back in the days these where to slow. (the app uses high speed scanners which can do tens of pages per minute)

Arie
Re: WD26 - ActiveX control not working after migrate from WD21
October 15, 2021 04:32PM
Hi Arie,

I'd recommend to try using the appropriate WINDEV functions. After conversion from 24 and 25 so many things did not work anymore. A few we could replace by code and a few still aren't working. We played a nice little thing with styles but after a wx upgrade it's out of order. We're hit hard by RAD11 which is still out of order. I'll see what we can do ... We already have a full App generator for PHP, maybe, I'll add one for WINDEV or Dart now. But this takes time and money.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
October 15, 2021 05:32PM
Hi, it may even be that your ActiveX doesn't meet the criteria of Windows anymore:

[support.netdocuments.com]

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
October 15, 2021 08:29PM
Hi Arie,
maybe you have 64biit WD26 so it can’t see 32 bit ActiveX components.

BR,
Alen
October 19, 2021 12:08PM
Sometimes it's so simple, you don't see it.
Thanks Alen, that did the trick thumbs up

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.