Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PHP ... stable?

Posted by stefan.kern 
PHP ... stable?
August 23, 2021 12:16PM
Hi @all,

I have a question:
A customer is asking for a new web based project .... it is not very complex, it is a kind of web based data entry with the posibility to upload documents, I think in total there will be 4 or 5 pages.
I wonder wheather I should do it with WB PHP mode.

I tried aWB PHP some years ago with WB15 and skipped it, as it had to much limitations and some unexpected behaviors. So I changed this project to a "normal" WB Project.

I wonder wheather the WB PHP Framework became more powerfull an reliable in the last years.

Does anyone has experiences?

Regards

Stefan.
Argus
Re: PHP ... stable?
August 23, 2021 02:25PM
still limited and complex compared to regular wb mode...

And still absolutely NO advantage... (basic wb hosting is 60€/year, including HF Dcool smiley

Why would you bother? Even if you have a lot of time to waste, you'll find more insteresting things to waste it on, I'm sure :-)

This mode is here for ONE reason, and ONE reason only: to match the requirement of some administrations and big companies that their web site HAVE TO be in php.
Re: PHP ... stable?
August 23, 2021 10:54PM
Hi Argus,

thanks for the reply.

The customer wants to host it on an existing webspace, that's why I considered PHP Mode ...
Will do it in WB Mode ... or might be in "real" PHP ... let's see

Thanks

Stefan.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.