Advanced

[WB26] - Site Error 404

Posted by JP 
JP
[WB26] - Site Error 404
August 10, 2021 11:55AM
Hi All

WebDev 26 -

I have 2 websites running on the same server. Both work fine on the development machine. One works fine when deployed to the server. The other deploys fine and the folder structure etc. are created OK. But when I try and run it I get an IIS error:

Server Error
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

It does not run even the first line of the project init code.

The website is definitely accessible and if I put a dummy default.htm in the www folder I can see it loads OK. But when I try and run the WebDev URL i.e. www.mydomain.com/project_name I get the 404 error.

When I compare the working site to the problem site all the access rights seem the same, the folder structure seems the same etc. I cannot see anything obvious different. And they both work fine on the development machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
JP
Re: [WB26] - Site Error 404
August 10, 2021 05:14PM
Hi All

Thanks to the working site I found the problem. WebDev was not creating the Handler Mapping for the website folder path. Even though I tried several times it does not create the site-name folder Handler Mapping for calling WD260awp.exe. Anyway, created it manually and now it works.

Cheers
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.