Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Slideup in Windev reports

Posted by sivakrith 
August 10, 2021 05:21AM
Hello

Using Windev 22

In reports, I want every fields to slide up so that there won't be any blank lines in between? Is it possible?

Say if in address field(s) of a customer got three lines, the third line may be empty for few customers. In those circumstances there will be a blank line for the third line of address. I want the blank line not to be there, by moving up all fields that are down the third address line.

Any solution?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
August 10, 2021 07:17AM
Hi, you have to handle such a problem by programming! There's no 'automatic' solution ... sorry. IF Nospace(AddressLine) = "" => don't print.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
August 10, 2021 09:59AM
Try using one textcontrol for all info, with a height for one line and set to auto-growth.
Then put your data together in the before-porint section of the control.

Arie
August 11, 2021 03:46AM
Thanks, Guenter Predl, Arie.

As Arie said, If I do that will it push other controls down that single Text control(s)? When I tried it's overlapping, as the next control is not pushed down.

The address is top in the Page header band, and we have a lot of other data to be displayed in the page header band apart from the Address. When the address got more than one line, with the auto-growth set, it has to push down all other data, not to get overlapped.

Is that possible?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
August 11, 2021 10:15AM
Strange, afaik it should work the way you mentioned.
I did a little test (WD24) and it does exactly that, even in the header.
Maybe start with a little test report with just 2 or 3 controls to see what happens?

Arie
August 12, 2021 03:23PM
Thanks, Arie,
When I did a test report with just 3 fields, making the 2nd one multiline, it's working. Now I need to re-work my report and see which control(s) prevents things to move down. I'll try and let u know.

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

I've attached the overlapping report's image here.
Attachments:
open | download - Slideup.PNG (5.8 KB)
[Solved] Re: Slideup in Windev reports
August 12, 2021 03:58PM
Found the issue.
It's spacing between the two columns in design mode. If the space is too small It gets overlapped. Moving the next column down makes things perfect. It's working.

The only thing is we see some more space between those two columns in print.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.