Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HF Control Center: Unable to start data synchronization

Posted by Jeff Graham 
HF Control Center: Unable to start data synchronization
June 30, 2021 10:41PM
When I try to synchronize data and structure in the HF Control Center. I get the message "Unable to start data synchronization. The DLL was not loaded.

What DLL and how to fix this?

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
I don't know what dll, but if one is missing, it's easy enough to copy ALL WX dlls into the directory.

As for WHY the dll is missing, I would think that your A/V is the culprit, and you should EXCLUDE the HF control center directory from it's purview
Re: HF Control Center: Unable to start data synchronization
July 01, 2021 03:35AM
Thanks,

That did fix the problem and looking at the new dlls copied, I suspected it is wdmod260_64.dll.

Further testing did show that to be true. There is a wdmod260.dll but this is a 64 bit server.
July 02, 2021 02:37PM
Hi Jeff,
it's been like this for years - v22.23.24.25 and now v26
I reported it to PCSoft a long time ago and they said they couldn't reproduce it !!!!!!!!
It would take them 5 minutes to check the install and see the problem.
BUT
the story doesn't end here.
Call the Synchronisation and try to change to English (with the small flag icon).
It GPFs ...
So back to good, old WDModfic

Regards
Steven Sitas
July 02, 2021 04:33PM
Hi to all,

We have the same problem for many, many versions: Dll missing.
Regards Frans
July 06, 2021 02:40AM
Hello All,

Yes, this is a long standing problem. After more testing it also seems to be fixed only on my development machine. I can synchronize my localhost and a remote server. However, if I copy the wdmod260_64.dll to the server control center, it can't sync its own files or the HF server on the development machine. I wonder if it has to do with Windev development being open some how?

PCSoft should fix this problem. It would be so much more convenient than WDModFic. They could at least give information as to what dll can't be loaded and then they could get valuable feedback.

I will experiment more if anyone is interested.

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
July 06, 2021 03:38AM
Just realized that our server HF Server and Control Center is version 25 by copying the wdmod250_64.dll sync does work. In other words, you have to copy the wdmodxx0_64.dll that matches your WD xx HF Control Center version. That is if you are running the 64 bit version. I have it working for 21, 25, and 26 now.

I am not sure what is needed for 32 bit, but since the wdmodxx0.dll s for 23,24,25 and 26 were copied into my wd26 control center by the install, it may work for 32 bit installs.

I hope this helps,

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2021 03:39AM by Jeff Graham.
July 06, 2021 07:11AM
Hello,

I had the same problem for years.
There is some kind of bug in the setup of HFSQL engine. If choose to install 64bit version, the setup installs the wdmodxx0.dll instead of correct wdmodxx0_64.dll under the CC HFSQL folder.
The solution is to copy the appropriate file from WinDev Frameword folder to CC HFSQL folder.
In my case, to be 100% sure, I copied this file to the HFSQL Server too. The problem is gone!!!

Regards

Vassilis Boutsikas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.