Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem installing WX26

Posted by SteveSitas 
Problem installing WX26
May 28, 2021 12:34PM
Hi,
I am trying to install v26 [Final] of WX and it "seems" like it aborts before the installation is completed.
I say, seems because it takes a LONG time to install the last 5-10% and the installation just closes without offering any prompt for creating links, etc.
I have downloaded the install 3 times and tried to install it on 3 different computers - but I always get the same.
Has my WX [64 bit - combined products] been successfully installed - and just go on and manually create the shortcuts - or is there something else going on?

* something I forgot to say is that Wx26 does NOT show up in my installed apps, in the control panel

Regards
Steven Sitas
Re: Problem installing WX26
May 28, 2021 03:19PM
Hi again,
the only way I could install the Release WX26 version is to install it on TOP of the pre-release version.
Even then I am not sure that everything is OK since this update/install also fails at the end - it just uses the links and the SCM of the previously installed version (WX26 preRelease) and you miss the actual failure.
Something that is also disturbing is that some files/DLLs in version 100 are OLDER than the ones in the 89 version !!!

Since most developers probably installed ON TOP of version 89p they may have "missed" this problem ...
PC Soft must immediately take care of this issue.

Regards
Steven Sitas
May 28, 2021 04:17PM
Hi Steven,

I have it installed on top (32 bit), whithout any problems.

All my dlls (exept WD260Net2.dll and WD260Net4.dll are in version 01A260100j)

regards Michael
May 28, 2021 04:45PM
PC Soft must immediately take care of this issue.

Hi Steven, please, notify PC Soft Tech Support! Thank you!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 28, 2021 05:03PM
Hi Michael,
the problem is NOT with the version of some of the DLLs but the creation date. Some of them are NEWER in 89p than in 100j !!!
In the past we had to update a previous version to get to install an update - but there is NO mention of this for version 100j.
BUT
the French version (also 100j) must be installed on top of a previous version - clearly stated in the French download area.

Regards
Steven Sitas
May 28, 2021 05:04PM
Hi Guenter,
just sent the info to tech support

Regards
Steven Sitas
May 28, 2021 05:15PM
FYI - I did a fresh install without any problem.
100j 64-bit
Win10
No installed pre-releases.

Now I'm waiting for a new project to use it :-)
I always find it to risky to use something brand new on running projects and i don't need any of the new features yet.

Arie
May 28, 2021 07:25PM
Hi Arie,
it seems like the SCM is causing the problem.
I never use the SCM but - until now -WX installations always required me to fill in a shared directory for the SCM.
Now it stops when it tries to access this directory

Regards
Steven Sitas
May 28, 2021 08:50PM
I use the SCM and I can open projects in WX26 without any trouble.

Arie
May 28, 2021 09:15PM
Hi all

Haven't had a single error or issue on V26 So far from a usability point o view.
Have installed first the French V26 and overwritten it with the English pre-release and final release.
I can only say the whole platform is really maturing but I/we do follow from an infrastructural point of view too.
Our dev stations follow the latest Windows versions and our Windows server platforms are at least 2016.
Also we moved from private SCM databases in the cloud to SCM Drive (at 2€/month) with PCSoft almost three years ago.
Haven't had any real showstoppers there neither...

Just to let you all know that if you follow current standards it seems to run very smooth.

Cheers

Peter H.
May 29, 2021 07:03AM
Hi friends,

I've had a single problem, the installer wanted to replace a newer file with an older file. I told it to replace all other occurrences of such a conflict as well. Maybe, there is a bug in WD26 now. However, I can't use it anyway because "11-compatible RAD" is not working in WD26. I'm waiting for the next update ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.