Advanced

[HFSQL Server]

Posted by Vassilis 
[HFSQL Server]
March 12, 2021 12:30PM
Hi all,

Today I received the following warning message from HFSQL Server (V25):

"Warning of 11/03/2021 at 11:18:18.

Memory leak detected in SQL query engine.
Automatic memory free-up attempt.
"

What does mean?

Regards

Vassilis Boutsikas
Re: [HFSQL Server]
March 13, 2021 08:35AM
Hi,
I believe that this is a mis-warning, a positive negative or a negative positive like we use to say in times of covid-19. HFSQL for Windows has had memory leaks for some versions prior to version 25 indeed, but there should be none in version 25 anymore. However, it is always safe to use a Linux server version because there have never been memory leaks when using Linux for HFSQL. Maybe, this is a Windows problem anyway? Have a look whether your server has been updated properly!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
March 13, 2021 09:03AM
Hi Guenter,

This warning has never shown before. The server runs for several years and runs Windows Server 2016 with no problems.
Last update has been done few weeks ago.

Regards

Vassilis Boutsikas
March 13, 2021 09:40AM
Hi Vassilis,

perhaps you're using a (yet) unsupported SQL command? How often is this error shown? If only once then forget it, maybe it's a digital hickup.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
March 13, 2021 09:57AM
Hi Guenter,

This warning message is shown once indeed. No unsupported SQL command.
I agree with you. Maby it's a digital hickup!!!

Thank you very much.

Vassilis Boutsikas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.