Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Image control doesn't show after update

Posted by norfolk-reg 
Image control doesn't show after update
January 07, 2021 08:39AM
Hi,

I have an image control on a window, with a bit of code behind it to allow a different image file to be selected. Having selected the file the new image is shown in the control, but when I save to the database (screentofile) the image control shows as empty. It's not, because if I come out of the window and back in the new image is shown, so I can't understand why the image control shows as empty after the save?

This is the code that allows a different image to be selected for the control.

sLglogofilename is string = fSelect("", "", "Select a logo...", "Image Files"+TAB+"*.*"+CR+fGraphicFilter(), "*", fselOpen+fselExist)

IF sLglogofilename <> "" THEN MySelf = sLglogofilename ELSE MySelf = ""

MySelf..Modified = True

Cheers
Reg
Re: Image control doesn't show after update
January 07, 2021 09:13AM
Hey Reg,

Look in the help at hlinkmemo
January 07, 2021 09:30AM
Hi,

Tried that to no avail, but I have found out that NOT doing a FileToScreen after updating the record solves it. Curious.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers
Reg
Ola
January 07, 2021 07:08PM
Hi Reg,

I had a similar problem some time ago.
What is the file type used? There are some older bitmap file types that are no longer supported by WX in its latest versions. I think TIFF was one of them?

Best regards
Ola
January 07, 2021 07:10PM
Hi,

JPG in this case, but I'm using WD22.

Cheers
Reg
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.