Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Custom UI Design for WinDev Web App

Posted by nader 
Custom UI Design for WinDev Web App
July 11, 2020 10:51PM
Hello everyone,

I am working on a new project with a client who's using WinDev and wants me to revamp it. So the question is, can I use a design tool (Sketch for example) for creating a new design like any web app and then implement it on WinDev? What are the challenges or limitations on that?
Re: Custom UI Design for WinDev Web App
July 12, 2020 07:26AM
Hi, you can use sketch, why not? Imho it is easier to start a separate new WINDEV project and fake the main windows for your customer. Change colors and designs until s/he is satisfied. Next, adapt style and colors of the .sty-file of the real project according to the fake windows. Then you can change the appearance of windows and controls ("choose a style") and you should be done.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
July 12, 2020 12:25PM
Thanks for your reply. So I can create any layout and any behavior for the components like Date Picker for example, or I should use the same as system version?
Argus
July 13, 2020 02:31PM
you cannot create ANY layout and ANY behavior....

Possible layouts depends on the properties of each control used.
Possible behaviors depends on the properties of each control used AND of the code added to them...

You can change colors, fonts, and other style elements for each control...

As for the date picker, you can change it's look, but not where the buttons in it will be, or how it functions... What you CAN do if you really need a different behavior is write your own date picker from scratch and therefore make it dance to your tune... But that is mostly coding.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.