Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD24 combined setup in 32/64 bit

Posted by PETER ZHOU 
PETER ZHOU
WD24 combined setup in 32/64 bit
June 13, 2020 09:54AM
Hi,

I am not able to run the combined setup in 32/64 bit in WD24.
It keep asking for WDF file.

I have no issue to generate the 32 bit setup or 64 bit setup.

How do i generate the combined setup ?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Re: WD24 combined setup in 32/64 bit
June 13, 2020 10:05AM
He Peter,

For some unknown reason the combined setup does not work on 32-bit machines, only on 64-bit.

Regards

Vassilis Boutsikas
PETER ZHOU
June 13, 2020 10:12AM
Hi Vassilis,

My WINDEV is installed as 64 bit ( same as my laptop's OS is 64 bit )

Did you managed to generate combined 32/64bit setup ?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
June 13, 2020 11:45AM
Hi Peter,

Yes, 2-3 times i made a complete combined setup package. But as I told you, on 32-bit clients, the installation does not work.
In my working Organization enviroment, there are mixed PC's (32, 64 bit). In order to overcome this problem, I decided to make 2 separate setups (32, 64 bit) with absolute success.

Regards

Vassilis Boutsikas
June 13, 2020 02:28PM
Hi, btw we have WINDEV 32 AND 64 both installed on our development machines. And we do not create a combined setup because it would be too large a file for that. As a standard, we make two different setups instead - using inno setup. Otherwise, I'd have to translate PC Soft's setup each and every year. And debug it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Inno setup offers a German language plug-in and that's it.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.