Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev 24 Server Setup

Posted by ericus 
Webdev 24 Server Setup
December 10, 2019 04:29PM
Good day

I have a new windows 2019 server I need to be configured for Webdev 24 dynamic site.

I don't have the time to fiddle with this for a day or 2. I have read all the documentation, did everything, and still I cannot deploy my site from my machine to the server.

I have contacted Kalanda but, nothing against the French, but I just don't understand their replies.

So 2 things I need.

Brand new server to be configured.
Deployment from my development computer to the server must be seamless.

Anybody interested? For a fee of course.

Thanks in advance
JP
Re: Webdev 24 Server Setup
December 10, 2019 04:50PM
Ericus

I might be able to help. Email me.
December 10, 2019 06:34PM
My experience, use Apache 2.4 on a Windows server. Works like a charm.

I use the download available from Apache Lounge. Easy install, just copy the files to C:\apache24 and install the Visual Studio 16 runtimes.

[www.apachelounge.com]
December 13, 2019 10:02AM
I was also thinking about using Apache because that is what I use on my development machine and I have absolutely no hassles with it.

However how difficult is it to setup FTP access. I need to have users download files from my server and this does not happen through Webdev/Winddev. this happens through Advanced installer.

Regards
December 24, 2019 02:54PM
I don't know about FTP, but file downloading is build into WebDev. Check help for "Downloading", "FIle Download (WEBDEV)". Also,
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.