Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multi-user SCM access

Posted by kenknight 
Multi-user SCM access
May 09, 2019 03:16PM
Hi all,

Are any of you working in a multi-developer environment using the SCM? If so, are you experiencing the problem where anytime you try to hit the RUN button or deploy a project, the SCM prompts you to re-login multiple times and displays one of the other developers names? With v24, I'm having to re-enter credentials about 3 ~ 4 times each time I compile the project.

I've been experiencing this problem for a few years regardless of the version of the PCSoft product. Also on different SCMs running on completely different servers at different locations.

I've contacted PCSoft with the issue, but the last couple of requests regarding this have always returned a 'Unable to replicate problem'.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ken
Re: Multi-user SCM access
May 09, 2019 08:33PM
Hi Ken,

We work with multiple programmers, sometimes on same application, sometimes on different applications. Also combo's of WinDev, WinDev Mobile and WebDev.
We always use SCM (HFSQL).
We never experienced problems you mention.

Regards,
Adri
May 20, 2019 05:43PM
Thanks Adri for the info.

Well, I got some great news from PCsoft. I sent them a short video demonstrating the problem and they have figured it out and say they'll have a fix in the next release. I've been dealing with this for the last few years, so I'm tickled to know it won't be long now.

Cheers!
Ken
May 21, 2019 10:08AM
Hello Ken,

We work with the SCM in the cloud from pc-soft. Never had this isue.
But we have some issues:
- A window with many controls works slow.
- A Go or a cancel can take up to 5 -10 seconds.
- After changing a window you have to check it out. Thats normal. But it can tke up to 5 seconds or more.

Regards Frans
May 21, 2019 11:14AM
Hi,

Has anyone had the annoying "unable to save modified code" error when renaming a query or some other element?
(not renaming outside the project of course)
This happen ALL the time.
You end up with a discrepancy between what's stored locally and in SCM.
It requires a lot of fiddling to correct this.

Regards,
Piet
May 21, 2019 11:25AM
Hello Piet,

Never had that.
What we often get is that after opening a project we have to rearrange the windows. We only see gray windows with the original window in the very right corner down.
Regards Frans
May 22, 2019 05:50PM
Pietvanz, yes I've seen that problem in the last few months. I don't have an exact solution, but many times, simply closing project and then closing and re-opening webdev seems to eliminate the problem. They other thing you can check is the read-only attribute on the physical file to see what it is set to. Taking off the read-only status and then hitting save may work.
May 23, 2019 12:29PM
Hi Ken,

In my case sometimes the renamed element is stored in SCM and locally it is stored with the old name.
Then there's an issue regarding the logical and physical name being different.
You are right that there's a read-only issue that causes it.
Just reopening the project mostly does not work.

Regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.