Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB23] - Open a URL

Posted by JP 
JP
[WB23] - Open a URL
March 29, 2019 12:37PM
Hi All

Having a Friday/blank moment - how do I open a URL in a new browser tab from my page code without using a control? or must I use a hyperlink control?
Re: [WB23] - Open a URL
March 29, 2019 05:56PM
ShellExecute ("[www.windev.com"]winking smiley

[infosonline.net]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2019 06:04PM by infos.
JP
March 29, 2019 06:45PM
Hi Infos,

This doesn't work because:

1) I can only access the table columns in server code, not browser code. So only in server code can I know the URL associated with the row clicked on in the table.

2) ShellExecute() in server code would (in theory) execute on the server but is stopped by WebDev anyway.

Surely there is a way for the browser code to know the contents of the table row clicked on and then open a URL?
JP
March 30, 2019 07:58AM
Infos,

So I solved this by not letting the user load the relevant URL by clicking the row in the table. Instead I added a button which has server code to load the URL contained in the row selected. It is more cumbersome because a user must now do 2 things; select a row and then click a button ... but it works so there's that.

Thanks
March 30, 2019 09:38PM
Greeting

Use the looper instead of the table

[infosonline.net]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.