Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MSAccess

Posted by aelfassi 
MSAccess
September 09, 2018 06:47PM
Hi,

I want to make a connection to MDB database with password but the extension is not MDB or accdb but another extension like ie .GXP or whatever the connection is not successful but if I rename it to xxxx.mdb it does work, is there any workaround I can use ?
Thanks in advance
A. ELFASSI
Re: MSAccess
September 09, 2018 06:48PM
I am using SQLconnect

Thanks
September 09, 2018 07:56PM
Hi

Try with hchangename

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

Free Video Courses, free WXShowroom.com, open source WXReplication, open
source WXEDM.

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]
September 09, 2018 08:09PM
Thank you Fabrice for your answer, just to clarify, in this project I don't use the analysis just SQL commands, so, hchange name does not solve my problem.

Regards,
A. ELFASSI
September 10, 2018 10:56AM
Hi A

You can use SQL Commands - Access handles most of them.

We use the HExecuteSQLQuery function with MSAccess. To be clear - we only read from Access and may occasionally write to one.

Cheers
André
pao
September 10, 2018 12:35PM
Did you try using hopenconnection instead of sqlconnect ?

If you don't have analysis don't forget to use hQueryWithoutCorrection in the HExecuteSQLQuery.

[doc.windev.com]

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
September 10, 2018 09:29PM
Thank you for your suggestions,

I solved my problem by using an OLEDB connection string without using h-commands.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.