Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Samples of Commercial Applications

Posted by PC_Soft_Crosspost 
PC_Soft_Crosspost
Samples of Commercial Applications
July 03, 2008 05:19PM
Hi there,

I'm demoing WinDev at the moment and I was hoping people might be willing to share some samples of their commercial applications that they have created with WinDev. Preferable applications that are full version trials that will just timeout after a certain amount of time. I have read that WinDev isn't really made to develop commercial products, but at the same time I have read that people have created them. I'm hoping to be able to see just what WinDev is capable of quickly so that I can make up my mind. Even links to websites with images would be great. Thanks for the help.

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Rich
Re: Samples of Commercial Applications
July 03, 2008 06:35PM
You can see two applications I am currently marketing at www.aecrms.com.

Let me know what you think.
Erik Schwarz
July 03, 2008 08:23PM
Hi,

if Windev isn't capable of creating commercial apps, then 1000's of users are paying a lot of money each year for just having fun? No, that is nonsense. I could give you my app (not finished at the moment) but you can't do much without knowing what to do.

If you are interested, I would invest 15 minutes or so to show some main(interesting) windows by means of teamviewer. you need to have a fast internet connection (DSL or so) that's all. And it should be possible to phone each other.

Where are you living, I am in Germany

Erik
Luiz Menezes.PCS.crosspost
July 04, 2008 09:15AM
Take a look at this link and you`ll see that many commercial apps build with WinDev/WebDev:

[www.windev.com]

Mike.pcs.crosspost
July 04, 2008 02:52PM
Thanks for the link Luiz, but that's not what I meant by commercial application. I meant applications that are built to sell to other people. It appears that those testimonials are based from in-house development. The testimonials are what made me want to try WinDev, I was just hoping to see what others have been able to create using it themselves.

Ben
July 04, 2008 03:19PM
Hi Mike,

I develop products that I sell either myself or partner networks. One of them is actually an IT Asset Scanning and software license monitoring tool, which works quite well, and are already live at several sites.

And yes, I do use some functions (Sources-Limits for one) to set a trail period on all my products.

Regards
Ben
Al
July 06, 2008 01:13PM
Hello Mike

We have been writing software since the early 80's and after trying our first high level language, Dbasell, we have concentrated on that type of product. Over the years we have used Dbasell, Foxbase, DataFlex, Pick, Foxpro and now Windev and in my opinion there is nothing to come close to Windev for creating business applications.

We have written different types of applications in Windev, but our main product, re-written from Foxpro into Windev version 5.5 and then updated year by year to V11 is a complete accounting, estimating, asset management, payroll and job cost system. It has over 1000 windows, 500+ reports and 350,000+ lines of code

It is not perfect, but as a development tool, Windev is remarkably bug free, reasonably developer friendly and incredibly quick to code in. PCSoft do focus on developer tools as well as providing programming features so the software is easy to maintain, the debugger and now a remote debugger make finding errors quite straightforward and the patch process makes updating clients and fixing minor bugs simple.

Against that, I find the Help vague and misleading on occasion, (I presume it was written in French and then translated). I also feel that PCSoft concentrate too much on Open Office, which while it may be big in Europe is a non event in Australian business and I presume in the US, so I would appreciate some, any, examples of integration with MS Office. You may guess from this last comment that I am attempting some Office integration at the moment and running into brick walls, but that is a minor distraction, from a great business development tool

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.