Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Access to HyperFile CS via ODBC

Posted by Luigi Trevisant 
Luigi Trevisant
Access to HyperFile CS via ODBC
June 11, 2008 11:06AM
Hi,
in an external application I'm trying to access a HyperFile CS database via ODBC.
The problem is that I can access only Classic Hyper File, not CS.

Suggestions?

Regards,
Luigi Trevisant
Luigi
Re: Access to HyperFile CS via ODBC
June 11, 2008 11:40AM
My problem is that ODBC driver seems to be configurable only to access a classic Hyper File db...
Arie
June 11, 2008 04:08PM
Luigi,

the WD12 driver seems to be working with HFCS. The driver has options for ip+port+databasename etc.

I did a small test using ms-access and ms-query, to read data from my local hfcs database. No problem.
Using Excel to read some data I get an error, saying the "~ character is unknown in the query" or something like that.
Finally a tried to write back via ms-access -> no way, another error.

So I think pcsoft has some work to do on this one too!

Arie
kevinw
June 11, 2008 04:22PM
Arie Mars
Luigi,
Finally a tried to write back via ms-access -> no way, another error.

So I think pcsoft has some work to do on this one too!

The ODBC driver is stated to be readonly. The only way you can write to Hyperfile tables is via some form of WD app.

Kevin
KenKnight
June 11, 2008 04:28PM
Hi all,

Haven't tested this, but in v12, it is supposedly read / write.

from the help;
The driver is available in read and write mode. An application written in external language can read and write into Hyper File files.

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.