Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD12] Print problem

Posted by Piet van Zanten 
Piet van Zanten
[WD12] Print problem
June 10, 2008 12:09PM
Hello to All,

I have migrated some projects to Windev 12. In testmode not a single report will print. Windev will hang and eventually display a Visual C error. This occurs no matter what destination I choose (printer, pdf etc)
Am I the only one with this problem?

Best regards,
Piet
Stefan Bentvelsen
Re: [WD12] Print problem
June 10, 2008 10:11PM
Hi Piet,

I haven't studied it in detail, but til now I have no problems with printing, but most of my printer output is fully programmed. I do not use the report writer.

Glenn Rathke
June 11, 2008 05:31AM
What happens if you create a completely new report within v12, perhaps a s a test?

Glenn Rathke
Piet van Zanten
June 11, 2008 07:59AM
I tried that, same result. I also switched from custom to standard preview window.
I'll try reinstalling Windev 12.

Best regards,
Piet
Jan de Bruin
June 12, 2008 08:49AM
Hi Piet

I was wondering if reinstalling windev 12 was a solution ?
I have the same problem with printing…

Jan
Milton
June 12, 2008 09:55AM
Hi Guys,

I migrated a simple application from version 10 to 12 and the printing works fine. I also have been re-doing the tutorial in 12 to familiarise myself with the new features and, creating the test application for the tutorial, I also found the printing was okay.

Milton
Jan de Bruin
June 12, 2008 10:45AM
Hi MIlton

not very slow
but normal (like in windev 11) ???

jan
Milton
June 12, 2008 12:48PM
Hi Jan,

So far it has been fast - I will be trying some more tomorrow with version 12 and I will attempt to convert a big application and will let you know how theprinting goes.

Milton
Piet van Zanten
Re: [WD12] Print problem [solved]
June 14, 2008 12:11PM
Hi Jan,

I was pointed in the direction of a language related problem, since you are Dutch too. So I was able to pinpoint the cause of the error.
I'm using the loaderror("dutch.wdm" statement. The dutch.wdm file was created with WDint version 9. While this worked fine with Windev 10 and 11, it apparently does not with 12.
I will contact PCsoft about this.

Best regards,
Piet
Milton
June 15, 2008 07:14AM
Jan,

As promised I converted a large application from version 10 to 12 and have no problems with printing reports or with the speed of the reports or printing.

Milton
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.