Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev Deployment

Posted by Dennis W 
Dennis W
Webdev Deployment
June 04, 2008 06:19PM
Hello Gang,

I created my first site ever in Webdev 12. I am trying to deploy it a my office to test.

I created a setup procedure.

I installed the test server first and I am using IIS for a server.

I ran the setup program.

I open the port on the router and the fire wall.

when I try to access the site thru the web I get a message that the site is under construction.

Dennis W
Jeff Graham
Re: Webdev Deployment
June 04, 2008 09:01PM
Hi Dennis,

I don't know if it applies to WB12, but I had to manually apply a virtual directory in IIS to get it to work in WB11.

I suggest reviewing the required IIS settings in the help also.

Good luck and let us know how you fix it.
KenKnight
June 04, 2008 09:25PM
Hi Dennis,

Typically when you get a "site is under construction" message then you are either pointing to the wrong directory or something is not setup properly.

First, you need to create a virtual directory in IIS (or whatever server you use) that points to "drive:\project_path\project_name_WEB\" directory.

Next if you're attempting to connect to a full site the address will be something like this from the local server;

[localhost]

Or replace the 11 with 12 for version 12.

Cheers!
Ken
DW
June 04, 2008 11:24PM
Hey Ken,

I switched to the Abyss Server and followed the tutorial you had online.

My question is what port/ports should I open to point to the Site.

Dennis
Bob Stratton (bosher)
June 05, 2008 08:06AM
Hi Dennis,

If you have port 80 open on your firewall for inbound connections then you are half way there. The router needs to know where to direct the port 80 traffic. You should have a 'port forwarding' or 'nat forwarding' section in your firewall. This needs to be pointed at the internal nat address of your webserver.

HTH

Bob
KenKnight
June 06, 2008 03:50AM
Hi Dennis,

As Bob said you'll need to direct port 80 to the ip address of the computer running. While we're speaking of the ip address of the computer running abyss, if you haven't already done so, you'll want to set that machine to a static ip address.

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.