Advanced

WB11 AWP deployment

Posted by Jeff Graham 
Jeff Graham
WB11 AWP deployment
June 02, 2008 07:01PM
(may be duplicate post)

Hi WebDev developers,

I am trying to deploy an all AWP site to a test server. The static home page displays and then when it calls the first AWP page, I get the following error:

The '' url is invalid.

(0020, ERR_BAD_URL)

The system could not find the environment option that was entered. (203)

I am using the Abyss web server and I have verified the directories are set up correctly the best I can. It was successfully executing my previous non-AWP dynamic site.

Any suggestions?
M. Beaven
Re: WB11 AWP deployment
June 02, 2008 08:24PM
Hi Jeff,

Have you verified that the .awp extension has been mapped as a valid extension in IIS? This needs to be done under the settings for the default website- Home Directory- Configuration- Mappings. The .awp extension needs to be pointed to the WD110AWP.exe in the AWP folder in order for the page to be viewed.

HTH,

-Marc
KenKnight
June 02, 2008 08:33PM
Hi Jeff,

I haven't verified this in the help, however, I was under the impression that "The First Dynamic" page only played a role in a full dynamic site and did not have any impact in awp / php / html sites. I think this also explains why your error message "The '' url is invalid" is blank where the url should be.

With awp pages, you'll either need to name one of them as index.awp / default.awp OR have an html / php page that uses a "Header location" reference to redirect the user to the correct first page.

Cheers!
Ken

PS. Again I could certainly be wrong on that first sentence.
Jeff Graham
June 02, 2008 10:13PM
Hi Marc & Ken,

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have IIS activated as I am using the Abyss web server that Ken helped me install. It appears that all the awp definitions are installed and I have moved the default documents file to the <site>_Web directory. Also I added index.awp and default.awp to the index file list. The CGI appears to specify awp correctly.

The script code generated by WebDev is below. I don't understand java well enough to see anything wrong.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Jeff

index.htm script code: (Note leading '<' chars have been deleted so they show.)

SCRIPT SRC="res/StdAction.js" CHARSET="ISO-8859-1"></SCRIPT>
SCRIPT SRC="res/WWConstante3.js"></SCRIPT>
SCRIPT SRC="res/Global_Procedures_of_PMI2dWeb_Browser.js"></SCRIPT>
SCRIPT>
//WW_PARAMETRES_INSTALLATION_DEBUT
var _WD_="/PMI-WEB-AWP_WEB/";
//WW_PARAMETRES_INSTALLATION_FIN
var _NA_=3;
<!--
var gnTimer=0;var _DO_=null;var _PAGE_=null
function _PSA(p,e,t,n,o){var r=_WD_+"UK/";var a=_PAGE_.action;var i=a.indexOf("://");if(i>0){r=a.substring(0,a.lastIndexOf("/")+1);};if(p.indexOf(".")<=0){p = p + e;};if((r!="")&&(r.charAt(r.length-1)!="/"))r+="/";_JCL(r+p,t,n,o)}
function Lancement( ){{_A1_CLI()}}
function _T0(event){{_A1_CLI(event)}}
function _T1(event){{gnTimer=0;gnTimer=setInterval("Lancement()",(500)*10)}}
function _A1_CLI(event){{clearTimeout(gnTimer)}_PSA("PAGE_Home",".awp","_self","","")}
//-->
SCRIPT>
Jeff Graham
June 02, 2008 11:07PM
Hi All,

You can see the behavior at [75.165.64.39]

As for the "The URL '' not found." message, I don't know where that is coming from. The same message occurs if you call any [75.165.64.39]. Is the message from the Abyss server or the WebDev application server?

but [75.165.64.39] gets the standard browser message "Error 404 not found" from the browser.
KenKnight
June 02, 2008 11:10PM
Hi Jeff,

What is the name of the actual first page you want after the html home page.... is it PAGE_Home.awp?

If so then simply create one of the following files:

Filename: index.php

contents:
<?php

header('Location: /PAGE_Home.awp');

?>

OR create

filename: index.htm
contents:

&lt META     HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"  CONTENT="1; URL=PAGE_Home.awp" &gt

HTH,
Ken
KenKnight
June 03, 2008 01:01AM
Hi Jeff,

I just tried to connect to the server via telnet and the server is not responding whatsoever. This indicates either a server or isp problem.

If you are behind your firewall test the following and see if it works;

telnet 75.165.64.39 80

From my location I get a "could not open connection" error.

Cheers!
Ken
Jeff Graham
June 03, 2008 02:01AM
Hi Ken,

Yes it is PAGE_Home.awp. You can access it directly and it still gets the "The '' url is invalid message." I tried both of your suggestions but I did not have any luck. I probably did not do it correctly.

I did more testing and found that if you set the script parameters in Abyss to say confirm that the script exists, then xxx.awp gets the not found error from the browser. So that makes me conclude that the error is coming from Abyss.

I am researching the setting of scripting in Abyss. I think that is the problem but it is unclear to me how to set the script paths correctly.

Whatever I have done now causes Abyss to try to download the file to my machine when I test. I don't know what I changed.

Do you have a site that uses Abyss and AWP. If so can you send the script and alias settings some how?

Thanks,
Jeff

KenKnight
June 03, 2008 04:29AM
Hi Jeff,

Here are my settings in abyss.

Since you are getting an awp generated error (or at least I am), I don't think the error is going to be related to abyss unless there is possibly a site alias problem (ie /PMI_WEB ).

Make sure you have the alias configured properly for your project under the alias settings.

Cheers!
Ken
Jeff Graham
June 03, 2008 05:43PM
Thanks Ken!

That solved the problem. I had the type as "Standard" instead of PHP Style.

What I read in the help files made me think that CGI style was what would be used. The help was very confusing. It would be great if they would add help for Abyss web server. It certainly has been reliable and easy (for the most part) to use. Thanks for recommending and setting it up for me.

When are you going to put together your training course for WebDev oriented for WinDev developers?

Many, many thanks,
KenKnight
June 03, 2008 11:55PM
Hi Jeff,

Glad to hear you got it going. I'm still shocked it was abyss related, but anything is possible.

If I'm going to do anything... this is the week to work on it.

I'll let you know once I've got some stuff done.

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.