Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev Deployment in different path under same server

Posted by Jon Lau 

Hi,

With the same webdev project/source, how do we generate & deploy under the same server so that it runs like different web app ?

Regards,

Jon Lau
Fabrice Harari
Re: Webdev Deployment in different path under same server
May 29, 2008 05:18PM
Hi Jon...

3 methods:

1. In the project, yo do a save as to create a project named differently and you install it... You have to do that for each modification in the project... not very practical

2. You create you project to be totally customizable (logo image is linked via information in a file, DBs are different for each site, and so on)... IN that case, the project is installed ONCE on the server, but different URL will point to the same page with a different parameter (my preferred method, as long as you don't need detailed statistic - the webdev built in statistic, I mean - for EACH site)

3. you buy the just newly created utility made in belgium by sombody who had the same need and that wallow to 'duplicate' a webdev site as many times as you want (annoucement made on the french HORS SUJET pcsoft forum a few days ago... I do not know if an english version is available

best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev mobile consulting

Paulo Oliveira
Re: Webdev Deployment in different path under same server
May 29, 2008 06:23PM
I normally use method 4.

4.1) copy myproj_web to myproj1_web
4.2) copy myproj.wdl to myproj1.wdl
4.3) add a new application in webdev pointing to myproj1.wdl
4.4) create a new alias in iis to myproj1_web
4.5) test the applications myproj1 and myproj
Dear All,

Thank you all for your suggestion...

Dear Paulo,

As to your method 4, it seems there's no need to re-generate it....I will give you a try. Thanks!

>I normally use method 4.

>4.1) copy myproj_web to myproj1_web
>4.2) copy myproj.wdl to myproj1.wdl
>4.3) add a new application in webdev pointing to myproj1.wdl
>4.4) create a new alias in iis to myproj1_web
>4.5) test the applications myproj1 and myproj

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.