Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Automation Software

Posted by Frederico Pereira.pcs.crosspost 
Frederico Pereira.pcs.crosspost
Automation Software
July 20, 2009 08:02AM
Hi there
Whell im new in WD i just using the trial version, and im a little confused about one thing. I need to develop an program to iteract with Automation modules, for house automation etc but im confused, cause i can´t understand the connection between Software and hardware, some modules are connected by USB others by com, and the others make me really confused, cuse the modules themself have emmbbebed one time programation, they have an internal memorym and cpu, and each time a sensor register a event, the module based on the programation responds to the hardware like "if sensor X responds with movement light Y is activated by rele w"
And is very complicated to understand how do i make this connections.
And if windev supports it and if some one works with this kind of system can help me out cause im completly lost.

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: Automation Software
July 20, 2009 01:10PM
Hi Frederico...

you are not starting by the most easy task...

When you are connection to hardware, there is no single way. You have
each time to check with the hardware maker to get the corresponding doc
and sdk and follow the information available in it. An exception to that
is all the house automation hardware following a norm like X10 (X10 is
the only norm currently supported natively by windev, as you can see in
the help).

If your hardware is not X10, then you'll have to call 'something' (dll,
activeX, .net assembly, etc) as described by the hardware documentation

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Frederico Pereira wrote:
> Hi there
> Whell im new in WD i just using the trial version, and im a little confused about one thing. I need to develop an program to iteract with Automation modules, for house automation etc but im confused, cause i can´t understand the connection between Software and hardware, some modules are connected by USB others by com, and the others make me really confused, cuse the modules themself have emmbbebed one time programation, they have an internal memorym and cpu, and each time a sensor register a event, the module based on the programation responds to the hardware like "if sensor X responds with movement light Y is activated by rele w"
> And is very complicated to understand how do i make this connections.
> And if windev supports it and if some one works with this kind of system can help me out cause im completly lost.
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.