Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best way to modify User Groupware tables and code

Posted by issah 
The above subject speaks for itself. Don't want to re-invent the wheel. If any postings have been made on this, would be glad for the link.

Jimbo, are you there? You are the expert.

Regards

issah
Jimbo
Re: Best way to modify User Groupware tables and code
July 13, 2009 06:10PM

Hi issah,

WHAT do you want to achieve ?

Regards, Guenter
I added additional fields to the GPWusers file and then included all the GPW tables in my analysis but the GPW code wasn't seeing these new fields as they were not included in the Data source. Was torn between modifiying the data source and creating my own tables which eventually was the preferred option.

I essentially want to upgrade-proof my modifications. A list of do's and donts would be nice.

regards

issah
Jimbo
Re: Best way to modify User Groupware tables and code
July 13, 2009 06:50PM
Hi issah,

I fear that modified User Groupware tables aren't really 'upgrade proof'. This one, amongst others, lead me to the decision to write my own Groupware.

Access to altered Groupware files is done by loading the Groupware Analysis with HOpenAnalysis(..) at runtime. After that the additional file items should be visible to your program.

Kind regards,
Guenter
Thanks for the info. Will stay with my seperate tables strategy.

issah
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.