Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Part entry field border is red

Posted by DarrenF 
DarrenF
Part entry field border is red
July 07, 2009 01:19PM
Hi,

I was just coding - I dropped an entry field on a window, then had a need to amend the analysis and re-gen the analysis.

When the auto modification had completed, bits of the border of the entry field had turned red - has anyone noticed this or can tell me how to get rid of the red?

Also an explaination of why it's happened would be great also...

Many thanks in advance...

Cheers...
Piet van Zanten
Re: Part entry field border is red
July 07, 2009 02:27PM
Hi Darren,

Normally, something like this happens if you use a template and one or more of the image-files of the applied style cannot be found. You can edit the style and check all the references to images. (don't forget the general tab) On the other hand, a few days ago I had something similar that just disappeared just as mysteriously as it appeared. I suppose this could be part of the earlier mentioned flaws in WD screen handling.

Regards,
Piet
DarrenF
Re: Part of entry field border is red
July 08, 2009 01:15PM
Thanks Piet,

Can't explain why it happened - seems very strange that amending the length of a field in the Analysis and re-gening it would cause this. Perhaps changing the field length casuses WD12 to attempt to change the field in some way? I don't know... :confused:

I "played" around with the border settings in the "Style" tab and sorted out the problem - didn't want to have to delete and re-add the field as I have several bits of code behind the field.

Thanks for responding... :spos:
Fabrice Harari
Re: Part of entry field border is red
July 08, 2009 02:59PM
Hi Darren...

yes, if yo change a field in the analysis, windev will automatically modify the 'linked' fields on all windows (including in tables)... And it seem to me from your original post that you didn't save the window before changing the analysis, so your field may have been in a 'different than normal' state and that 'could' be the cause

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.